Hello there! Welcome to my blog exclusively devoted to teaching and learning how to play the flute. I like to think that this page will be helpful to teachers and students alike. Hopefully, some flutists will find my methods useful when it comes to teaching their own students, and my students will benefit from having some additional material to guide them on the 6 days of the week they don't have lessons! Follow my hashtag #torisflutetips on social media for even more flute content! ♬
Info for Online Flute Lessons
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 by Tori Lupinek | Uncategorized
Coronavirus ain't gonna stop us!
For those of you who are already signed up for online lessons during school closures, here are some important details:
1) Download Zoom and create an account: zoom.us
2) Add me on Zoom: email@example.com
3) You will receive an email reminder the day before your lesson that has a link to my "waiting room." You can click on it at your lesson time, and I will let you into my "studio" when I'm ready for ya.
4) Make sure you are using a computer or laptop. The microphone and speakers are better than on your phone or tablet
5) Use wireless headphones if you can! The sound quality is much better
6) Set up so that you don't have to duck or change your posture to see the screen. That wouldn't be good for your flute playing!
7) Make sure to close the blinds/curtains if there is a window behind you. Otherwise I won't be able to see you!
8) Also, make sure there is enough light behind your device so that I can see YOU!
9) Here is an article that will help you optimize your Zoom settings so you have good audio for your lesson. The instructions are towards the bottom of the page:
Please let me know if you have any questions or encounter technical difficulties!
If you haven't already signed up for online lessons and are interested in trying it out, let me know!
If you are getting bored and want me to send you something to do, or something new to practice, also let me know! I am here to help us get through this all in one piece ☺
Here's hoping everyone is doing well and staying safe!